Pick one of the three available RPG characters and fight against your friends in this local multiplayer game!
Supermarket Heroes is
- A Funny and Competitive game
- Up to 3 Players in local
- Battle in an arena
- Result of a Game Jam (Ludum Dare 43)
- Made by 2 students in 3 days
- Using Unity 3D, Maya 2018 and Photoshop
- “Sacrifices must be made”
- Phase 1: Elaborate the game concept and define the classes, skills and art direction
- Phase 2: Coding the first game elements, such as the character controller, the health point system, the basic skills…
- Phase 3: Switch into a modeling phase : creation of the characters, the shopping cart, the shop props…
- Phase 4: Finalizing the coding of the heroes skills while creating at the same time the level design
My work during the weekend
During the first phase, we simply discussed and debated on the concept, the heroes and skills and we put it on paper.
One of our intentions during this Game Jam was that I learned as much as I could about programming. We decided to start by coding the Character controller, the physical behavior, the local network…
Thanks to my amazing mate who has strong skills in programming, I was able to understand the whole code of the game and ask him questions about it.
After a long coding phase (especially learning phase on my side), we continued our work in duo and we dived together into the modelling stage.
I created the props of the supermarket, from the cans to the cornflakes boxes, the trolley for the heroes and the set of shelves.
For the final phase, we decided to split work. My mate finished the technical implementation of the characters, the skills etc.
As for me, I did the level design and the lighting of the supermarket, placed the shelves and props and structured the playground for a multiplayer local game.